Delta Speed Rig™
By popular demand Hardcore Defense is now offering torso plates and carriers! We know there's a lot of offerings already in the steel torso plate market so we made sure to offer something unique and superior to what's already available. The Delta Speed Rig is the lightest rifle-rated steel plate system available. Two 9.5"x12.5" shooter's cut torso plates plus a full feature carrier for under 14 lbs!
The heart of the system is the Delta Torso Plate, cut from the same material as our Delta Shield. This is a Special Threats rated product, specifically designed to stop assault rifle fire. These are not Level III plates and will not stop full strength .308 hits. But for users primarily concerned about AR-15s and AK-47s and not wanting to be weighed down and slowed down by a bunch of chunky Level III plates, the Delta Speed Rig is ideal.
At Hardcore Defense we're engineers, not marketers. We're not going to play pricing games by selling you plates at or below cost and then charge a huge markup on a trauma pad or the anti-spall coating. For an armor application these features are important, so every Delta Torso plate automatically comes with a trauma pad and anti-spall coating.
Our Delta material is HARD. It can't be shaped without potentially compromising the ballistic integrity, hence our torso plates are flat.
Complementing the torso plates is a quality full feature carrier.
Torso Plate Features & Specifications:
- NIJ Special Type*:
- 5.56x45 mm 55 grain M193 full metal jacket at 3100 fps
- 5.56x45 mm 62 grain M855 green tip penetrator at 3100 fps
- 7.62x39 mm 123 grain PS full metal jacket at 2400 fps
- Ballistic steel, Rhinoliner® coated for corrosion resistance
- 12 mm Trauma Pad included with every plate
- Anti-Spall buildup included with every plate
- No shelf life or storage restrictions
- Plates: 9.5" x 12.5" shooter's cut, 5.5 lbs each
- Plate + trauma pad ~ 0.8" thick
Carrier Features & Specifications:
- Laser cut MOLLE front and back for rapid integration of accessories
- Adjustable ladder-style cumberbund with shock cord retention for a consistent snug fit
- Height adjustable shoulder straps
- 3 lower front compartments sized for AR magazines with shock cord retention
- Upper front map pouch with 3 dividers for pistol magazines
- Available in Black, Tan, and Olive Drab
- One size fits most
- 2.8 lbs
The Delta Torso Plates are Made in USA. The carrier is imported, but the design and manufacturing control is American.
Note: our torso plates currently leverage our ballistic certifications for the Delta Shield per NIJ Standard 0108.01. Body armor (including hard plates) are typically tested to NIJ Standard 0101.06 which uses the same test rounds and velocities, but requires additional drop testing, thermal preconditioning, and backface signature measurements. These additional test steps are important to properly challenge ceramic and ballistic fiber plates but are less of a concern for steel plates. NIJ 0101.6 testing is a long and expensive process AND the standard will be obsolete within months as the NIJ is nearing completion of a complete rewrite of their standards. We will wait for the new standard to be released. In the meantime think of the Delta Torso plates as very conveniently shaped backpack inserts.
Free Shipping within the continental USA. (We cannot ship to any P.O. boxes!) International customers please click here for more information.
Current ship time is approximately 15-20 business days after receipt of order.
Purchaser is responsible for complying with all local, state, and federal laws regarding purchase and use of ballistic protection products. Hardcore Defense assumes no liability for illegal use or misuse of the product. It is usually legal for civilians to purchase and own body armor within the United States. Residents of Connecticut and individuals convicted of a felony are prohibited from possessing bulletproof vests and other body armor.