The Delta Shield™ is Hardcore Defense's most popular shield offering and falls between the Alpha and Bravo shields with respect to protection, weight, and cost. The Delta Shield™ was designed for sheriffs, patrol officers, school resource officers, and others looking for protection against AR-15s, AK-47s, and similar threats.
Features & Specifications:
- NIJ Special Type*:
- 5.56x45 mm 55 grain M193 full metal jacket at 3100 fps
- 5.56x45 mm 62 grain M855 green tip penetrator at 3100 fps
- 7.62x39 mm 123 grain PS full metal jacket at 2400 fps
- Ballistic steel, Rhinoliner® coated for corrosion resistance
- Cushioned handle and forearm pad for comfort and impact energy absorption
- Dual upper cutouts for ambidextrous use
- No shelf life or storage restrictions
- 15" x 25", 18 lbs
* Tested by an independent test lab in accordance with NIJ Standard 0108.1, using the NIJ III test protocol but with the threat rounds specified above. Test reports available upon request.
The Delta Shield™ is made from our most premium ballistic steel, specifically tempered to maximize resistance to 5.56 mm. It's only slightly thicker than the Alpha Shield™, keeping weight to just 18 lbs! For comparison, the Bravo Shield™ steel is thicker to absorb the higher energy .308 projectiles, and the Bravo's titanium faceplate allows it to resist 5.56 mm bullets with even greater strike velocities. If you're regularly doing tactical entries, you probably want the Bravo. For more general use, the Delta may be a better balance of protection, weight, and cost.
Like all Hardcore Defense products, the Delta Shield™ contains no ceramic or ballistic fiber components, has no shelf life or storage limitations, and can withstand grouped hits and edge hits better than typical ballistic fiber shields.
The Delta Shield™ uses the exact same handle assembly as the Bravo Shield™ and can withstand direct hits on the bolt heads.
Free Shipping within the continental USA. (We cannot ship to any P.O. boxes!) International customers please click here for more information.
Current ship time is approximately 1-2 business days after receipt of order.
Purchaser is responsible for complying with all local, state, and federal laws regarding purchase and use of ballistic protection products. Hardcore Defense assumes no liability for illegal use or misuse of the product. It is usually legal for civilians to purchase and own body armor and ballistic shields within the United States. Residents of Connecticut and individuals convicted of a felony are prohibited from possessing bulletproof vests and other body armor; whether a ballistic shield counts as "body armor" is open to debate and interpretation may vary by jurisdiction.