Alpha Shield Backpack/Briefcase Insert Panel
NEW! This is a smaller version of the Alpha Shield ballistic panel intended to be inserted into backpacks or briefcases.
- Full Size Version: 10.5” x 14.5” with 2” radius corners should fit most backpacks and briefcases. 6 lbs weight. $119
- Mini Version: 9” x 9” square with 1” radius corners should fit most children's backpacks and some purses. 3 lbs weight. $79
- Black polymer coating for abrasion and corrosion resistance
- Soft rubber push-on rim to reduce wear on the backpack or briefcase. Full perimeter on the Full Size, one side on the Mini.
- Four small holes spaced around the perimeter allow attachment to walls, car doors, or other fixed locations.
Like the Alpha Shield and virtually all other backpack inserts this product is certified to NIJ IIIA for protection against handgun rounds. NIJ IIIA products will not stop AR-15, AK-47, or other rifle bullets in most circumstances. They may stop rifle bullets fired from long ranges, striking at shallow angles to the plate, and/or which are slowed, tumbling, or blunted due to passing through intervening walls, doors, desks, books, etc. NIJ IIIA rated products will also generally stop shrapnel and debris thrown by small improvised explosive devices.
That said, the Alpha Shield is likely the toughest NIJ IIIA rated ballistic product available and will be superior to any soft armor panel with respect to resisting hits near the edge of the panel and near previous hits. The Alpha Shield backpack insert will also absorb hits with minimal blunt trauma, is thinner, and has no shelf life or storage restrictions, whereas soft armor panels typically have only a 5 year shelf life due to natural polymer deterioration with age.
FREE SHIPPING within the continental USA! (We cannot ship to any P.O. boxes!) Current ship time is approximately 1-2 business days after receipt of order.